Updated: Nov 25, 2020
1. Code only confirmed cases
2. Exposure – actual or suspected exposure to Covid-19 :
For asymptomatic individuals
For symptomatic individuals . . . and the infection has been ruled out, or test results are inconclusive or unknown
For encounters for Covid-19 testing, including preoperative testing, code as exposure to Covid-19.
During a pandemic, a screening code is generally not appropriate.
4. Asymptomatic individuals who test positive
Code as confirmed infection
5. Personal history of Covid-19
Assign code Z86.19, Personal history of other infectious and parasitic diseases.
6. Follow-up visits after Covid-19 infection has resolved
Assign codes Z09, Encounter for follow-up examination after completed treatment for conditions other than malignant neoplasm, and Z86.19, Personal history of other infectious and parasitic diseases.
7. Encounter for antibody testing
Assign code Z01.84, Encounter for antibody response examination